Solent sailing rally to Lymington
Time & Location
About the Event
Thursday Evening - Overnight at the Folly Inn.
- At present we have 2 Berths on the walk ashore pontoon booked for Loxley B and Pentangle.
Friday Evening - Overnight in Chichester Marina.
- From my initial planning it should be possible to get from the Folly to Newtown Creak for a quick lunch and then to sail to Chichester arriving around 17:00 ensuring we get the best of the tides.
- In the event of unfavorable weather an alternative is to miss out Newtown Creek
- We have provisionally booked 4 berths at Chichester. It is unlikely that these will be together and need to be confirmed in the next few weeks.
- We have written to Chichester Yacht Club to see if they can cater for us but don't have a rely yet. The pub at Dell Quay is great (about a mile or so walk) which we can try and book later although we may want to plan to have emergency provisions on board!
Saturday Evening - Overnight on Dan Bran Pontoon Lymington.
- I have provisionally booked 4 yachts on the pontoon and requested a fifth for Galatea for TWO nights. It seems they have a number of catamarans there than night so they need to confirm whether we can be five together or not.
- As noted above there are currently no formal plans for a group meal but it may be others will join.
Sunday - Back to home berths
- I have done no planning for this but there is a choice of pushing against the tide (at least its close to neaps!) or a latish departure.
If you have a boat, please join us (currently 4 boats will be joining the rally). If you don't have a boat, why not charter one?